Thursday, May 3, 2007

Haldimand "We heard you Loud and Clear"

You’re voices were heard and all should be proud!

It was a well-planned, well-attended peaceful convoy to Queen’s Park on Wednesday May 2nd, organized by Dan Roberts of Caledonia. All I know about Dan Roberts is that he is a resident of Caledonia, and he is fed up with the lack of “accountability” from the Provincial Government. When he spoke to CH News on Tuesday, what I heard him say, or rather how I interpreted what he said was “I am just an ordinary person that nobody knows”.

Well Dan what I would like to say to you is this “You are truly a humble Man”. You have stepped up to the plate, and you “walked the walk”, not just talked the talk, as it seems that some of our local elected officials did by not joining you and your convoy yesterday. It is individuals like you that make a difference. You weren’t looking for fifteen minutes of fame; in fact you probably didn’t even take the time to think ahead, you just knew that something needed to be done. Congratulations Dan you should be very proud.

I promised myself a long time ago that I would “never” write another letter to the editor, as I always seem to get myself into so much trouble being so verbal. Well because of Dan Roberts and everyone who banded together in support of Haldimand County yesterday, I was driven to do just that! Write a letter to the editor. So in case my letter is not published, here is what I said.


To the Editor
Thursday May 3, 2007

Re: Convoy to Toronto

“Kudos” to everyone who participated in the convoy to Queens Park! Your voice was strong, and loud, You should be “Proud”. You have made a difference

A special thanks to MPP Toby Barrett, Mayor Marie Trainer, Councilor Grice, and to convoy organizer, Dan Roberts of Caledonia. You have made a strong stand and sent a clear message on behalf of the residents of Caledonia and Haldimand County, demanding the Provincial Government for a resolution, as they are the present owners of DCE.

It is amazing that “our” Premier was just down the road, and didn’t have the guts to walk a block! Oh and what about the rest of Haldimand County Council? Where were You? No excuse is good enough for not representing your County! You had lots of time to clear your busy calendars! We haven’t forgot that many of you “promised” if elected you would fight for a resolution to the Caledonia Issue! I am sure that many of us are wondering what you did on Wednesday May 2nd!

Many talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment