I drove to Hamilton just after lunch to check out the McGuinty due on Upper Ottawa Street. I was not prepared with a sign, as I was just given heads up that he was going to be there. I had no idea what I was going to do when I got there, but I went anyway. Fortunately for me I ran into "two wonderful women" from Caledonia there. They were nice enough to share one of their signs with me. So I stood at the side of the road waving my sign while people honked as they drove by, I felt like I had done this before! A reporter from Quebec interviewed me, but I don’t think much will come of that!
Then I was off to Simcoe for the Toby/Tory due. One of the people that I met there today was Mike Q. the builder from Brantford. He had been to the McGuinty due as well…There was news coverage on CHCH TV, but I only got the last bit of the story. Apparently CHCH TV was threatened if they aired this clip that they would basically be banned from covering McGuinty’s campaign???? If anyone has more information on this and can elaborate, please do so in the comments.
The due today started off with a barbecue. I volunteered with the food table and had the chance to talk to a lot of people. It was quit enjoyable! It was also nice to see familiar faces from Dunnville, Hagersville and Caledonia there today.
John Tory showed up just before 6:00pm and a few hundred of us listened to his speech. I have never been to this type of event, and I can say that I was very impressed with John Tory’s down to earth attitude. I could go on and on about what he said, but I’m only going to touch on one thing that he said today that "I cannot get out of my mind".
"What message would we be sending to Mr. McGuinty if he was re-elected"?
"Well this is what I believe that message would be"
(1) It’s okay that 1 million people in Ontario still don’t have a family doctor, it was okay in 2003, and it will be okay in 2011!
(2) It’s okay that you have so far promised 27 Billion dollars, that you won’t keep, we won’t mind, you did it before!
(3) It’s okay that you turn your backs on us if you don’t want to deal with an issue that is too hot, we’ll let you ignore it, that’s what you have done in Haldimand/Norfolk!
(4) It’s okay we won’t ever make you "accountable" Mr. McGuinty!
(5) It’s okay with us that you have already given away over 32 Million dollars of our hard earned money without documentation, go-ahead give some more away we have more to give!
(6) It’s okay raise our taxes again, we can afford it we will just have to get a second job!
(7) It’s okay we are not asking you to be "open", "transparent" or "honest".
(8) And my Favorite one "It’s okay to lie, we accept that 100%!
Is this what we really want? If it’s not, then we all have a duty on October 10th, 2007! We have the power to stop this insanity!